I already wrote all about Alex's last day of school. Patrick and I went out for brunch after Alex's ceremony and then I went back to school at 1:30pm for Natalie's party. They had an ice cream party where they could make their own sundaes. Natalie chose her favorite flavor, chocolate, with chocolate syrup, and added gummi bears. Interesting combination, don't you think? :) They also had a couple of other crafty activities, like putting together your own summer-themed picture frame and making your own scratch art bookmark.
Natalie's teacher (Miss E) taught for the first time this year. She gave each child in her class a decorated water bottle for Field Day last week and yesterday she also gave each child a thank-you note. She thanked Natalie for helping her remember stuff. To me that meant that Natalie was being a little bossy, but she really did mean that she was grateful for Natalie's reminders.Patrick had gone to pick up Anthony from school and they both arrived before the party (and school) ended. They took the opportunity to visit one of Anthony's old teachers, Mrs. A, who still remembers him from when he was there for second grade! She is the school's teacher for their "Gifted and Talented" program and Alex and Natalie love her class. Alex will certainly miss her next year when he goes to his new school.
Interestingly, both Natalie and Alex decided that they wanted to ride the school bus home on the last day. They love their bus driver, and for good reason. He genuinely seems to care for them, as well as keeping them safe. He also knows all of their names and even their birthdates. He gives them presents for their birthdays and on the last day he gave gifts to those with summer birthdays. Amazing, huh?
I know this picture doesn't really belong in this topic, but I had to include this bad photo that I took at the Graduation Banquet that Patrick and I went to tonight, just because it's the only photo I took today. This morning was the graduation ceremony of some of the residents that I work with. These four are the chief residents for this past year and there are also twelve others that are finishing up their residency. They will all be leaving for different parts of the country by the end of this month, and it's always a bittersweet time. The new ones will join us early next month, and we'll be starting all over again.
1 comment:
Ah, graduations!
Post a Comment