This is my photo for today. I like how I can see the contents of this corner of my bathroom in this one photo. The extra bath toys are on the shelf and around the bathtub. Natalie's swim team swimsuit is draped over the faucet because we were just at her practice. The bottle of foam soap is there, and it reminds me that for some reason, Eric hates playing with that but Natalie loves it. There's a washcloth next to that because Eric, who has not minded water being poured over his head since he was a baby, now can't stand to have water on his face or eyes and has to have a cloth to wipe with. I can see just the back of Eric's head because he is concentrating so much on his Thomas boat that is in the tub, and having so much fun that he is still in the tub while Natalie is already dressed with her hair done, and sitting outside of the tub. She is sitting there playing a game on my iPad because I needed to go downstairs and make her Easy Mac that she wanted for dinner. I didn't want to leave Eric by himself, and I knew that if she was in my bedroom and not in the bathroom, she would ignore her little brother. Her hair is done in pigtails, her current hairdo of choice, and if I do the pigtails while her hair is still wet, it will stay in pigtails for school the next day. Notice also the swimsuit tan lines. We don't bother with sunscreen when she goes to swim team practice at 5:45-6:30PM but she still tans very well at that time of day. She is wearing her so-called "monkey dress" because it has gotten short on her that she now wears it to bed. There are lots of things to look at in this picture!
I had to throw in an extra picture because I noticed the interesting pattern the noodles made after much of the water had boiled off and before I added the sauce mix. I made Natalie one package of Easy Mac thinking that she could eat one package when she was two years old. Sure enough, she asked for another package after she finished the first one and finished that one too. Eric asked for some Easy Mac after he'd heard that I was making Natalie some. We've nicknamed those two our "Anti-Atkins" kids after the diet plan that famously omits all starches.Patrick and the boys were at soccer tryouts, scheduled today through Thursday. I'm sure that I'm more stressed over this than anyone else in the family, including the boys, which is better than the boys stressing over these tryouts--I guess.
1 comment:
I love the story the bathroom photo tells!
Post a Comment