
I've talked too much about Natalie's swimming already, but I didn't have anything else to take a picture of for my picture for today, so here's another photo of Natalie swimming. That yellow thing between her legs is a sponge that her coach used to train her to keep her legs together while swimming the breaststroke. He only worked with her and a boy about her age on the breaststroke, so she got lots of attention today.

I feel very proud whenever I see her on the starting block. She looks so good, like she really knows what she's doing--until she actually dives from the starting block and then I realize that she's only seven, because she sort of just falls in the water. Her start isn't as polished (yet) like those swimmers you see on the Olympics, not that I expect that at this point, of course. Even though it was unbearably hot and humid (I almost said "impossibly hot and humid"), I really enjoyed watching her swim. She just makes it looks so easy, and when she looks over at me to see if I'm watching, I get a warm feeling (in a good way this time) and I give her a big smile back. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment