Sunday, September 06, 2009

Unexpected Things

Yesterday when we got home from church and eating out for dinner, the garage door would not open. DH found out that it was because the springs were broken. A few years ago something similar happened when we lived in Illinois. At that time the garage door came down on the hood of the Camry mere hours after DS#1 had been playing in that area. We were relieved that no one was hurt then, and we were once again relieved that no car was hurt either. Unfortunately, this being a holiday weekend, it cost us an extra $50 to have someone come out and fix the door. We didn't have much choice, though, because DH didn't think he could lift the very heavy garage door in order to could get my car out to go to work on Tuesday morning. Thankfully, they came out to fix it early this morning.

This also meant that I didn't go shopping with my mom and sister today. I was going to take a separate car because I don't have nearly the "shopping stamina" that they do and I needed to be able to come back early. I could have taken DH's car, but I'm not as comfortable driving it and I didn't want to leave him without a car with the four kids. It was probably a good thing anyway, because the $600 cost of repairing the garage door would have cut into my shopping money plus I would have gotten restless during the hour or so that Mom and Sis spent in the Coach store alone. ;)

Since it is a new week, that meant another trip to Target. My kids have been Target obsessed lately. DD still had her gift card to spend. My mom also gave her a gift card that she had with about $5 left on it and she also gave DS#2 $20 to spend on his beloved Legos. DD wanted some Hannah Montana doll that came with a horse. When we got there she discovered that it was out of her price range, so she got a HM dress-up set instead. That wasn't a surprise, but what did surprise me was that she also wanted to get this small Space Patrol Lego set. She has recently been more interested in Legos. It's good in a way because that gives her something in common with DS#2 and they both get along a little better when they're playing with Legos. DH took this picture just because she looked so excited about the Lego set.

Another unexpected event today was DS#3 taking his sister's HM microphone and singing into it. This picture has a weird tilt mostly because I was trying to capture the action before he stopped. He was tilting his head back and everything. He was SO hilarious! I actually saw this before, in the last week or so. I would hear him "singing" upstairs and I would hear him getting closer and closer until I saw him downstairs singing into the microphone.

2 comments:

Monica K said...

Sorry to hear about the garage door. We have broken garage doors at the moment. One of them is my fault... pulled out a little soon and broke the brace. LOL! Haven't fixed it yet but it's easy to open manually. Gotta get it fixed before winter.

Looks like you have an American Idol on your hands! How cute!

Catherine said...

Wow! An hour in the Coach store??? I'm with you...