Wednesday, December 10, 2008

December Daily: Day Nine

Today's prompt was "Bah, Humbug". I know this photo doesn't look like it has anything to do with the phrase, "Bah, Humbug", or so it seems...

Monday was DH's birthday, but I was working that evening, so we went out to eat last night instead. DH is difficult to deal with when it comes to celebrating his birthday because he really doesn't want anything. Sure, he enjoys a good meal (and also a margarita in this case) but he didn't want me to get the cake at the restaurant. He didn't want to blow out a candle. He can just get a bit ornery at times, thus the association with the phrase, "Bah, Humbug"!

Yesterday also, DS#1 "shadowed" another student at that Catholic high school where we're thinking of sending him next year. When DH went there to pick him up, DH was talking to the principal about how DS#1 used to go to public school and had a horrible teacher in 2nd grade. That's when we ended up changing schools the first time. Now, DH knows that he should have made more of a stink to get DS#1 the attention and learning he needed. Apparently, DS#1 said that his papa was a "grumpy old man"--in front of the principal! That's what DH has called himself, so DH knew that DS#1 was joking, but he said it in front of the principal!

Other highlights from yesterday:

--I went with DH and DS#3 to Gymboree. DS#3 actually participated in the "Airlock Freeze" song where every so often they stop singing and put their hands on their heads and "freeze". So cute! He also participated in Bubble time again, where the "teacher" blows bubbles and all the toddlers try to catch them. After that, however, he wanted to go home!

--I volunteered in DD's class today. I was helping them complete the May page for the calendars that they're going to give their parents for Christmas. The kids had to use their fingers to stamp flower petals. It was messy but fun!

--DS#2 tried cutting some of his hair with the kitchen scissors. DH and I haven't been able to take him to get his hair cut and he was getting tired of waiting!

4 comments:

The Mom said...

You are doing awesome with your pages!! Happy Belated Birthday to your DH!

Helmka Family said...

I am so proud of how you are keeping up with this daily. I know I would have already been behind. Fun layout!
TFS!
Karen

Catherine said...

You are doing an awesome job keeping up with everything! Had to LOL a little bit about the impromptu haircut. DD has done that.

Pam Sivage said...

I have enjoyed seeing all the days of your album. LOL about the scissors and the haircut!