Sunday, December 07, 2008

December Daily: Day Six

Yesterday's photo prompt from Playground of Memories was "Holiday Traditions". Yesterday afternoon, we opened gifts from my parents so that they would be able to see the kids' reactions as they opened them. We won't be seeing them again until New Year's Day. They also wanted to make sure that the shoes they got for DD and DS#2 fit--they did, and if the roasting pan Mom got me for my birthday would fit in my oven--it didn't. So, Mom is going to exchange it for a smaller one. Thanks, mom!

We had lots of activities yesterday. The photos you see on this page are from when my mom was distracting DS#3 with an apple while she tried cutting his hair, and from when DD was doing a curtsy during her piano recital. Here are some highlights from yesterday:

--DS#1 took the Catholic High School Placement Test at a local Catholic high school from 8AM to Noon.

--DS#3's hair was too long to suit my Mom (and me, too) so she tried several times throughout the day to distract him with food while she trimmed away. He was good at first, but the sessions got shorter and shorter, but luckily, so did his hair. :)

--DD and I wore our new matching aprons when we made brownies for her first piano recital. I'll have to use these pictures in a page later.

--DD did great at her piano recital. This page is actually a pocket page (or envelope) and the recital "program" is tucked inside. It amazes me that DD can swing her legs to a completely different tempo as the piece she is playing. Her teacher agreed. Her teacher played last and she said that she originally didn't play at the recitals, but then one of her students expressed amazement that she could play piano as well as teach. She played "O Holy Night" which is my favorite Christmas song ever and she played so beautifully that DH and I wished that we had videotaped it.

--DD and I rushed off to a friend's birthday party right after the recital. The friend's mom is a scrapbooker also and I've always enjoyed talking with her. She also loves Disney and was excited when I told her about our upcoming trip.

--DH and I went to my work Christmas party. It was an expensive dinner for what didn't amount to be much food, but still it was a decent evening. We sat with a couple of my colleagues and their wives and we had some enjoyable conversations.

Tomorrow, I'll talk about our lazy day today. It's nice to have those once in a while. :)

No comments: