Wednesday, December 17, 2008

December Daily: Day Sixteen

Yesterday's photo prompt was "Dear Santa", so I took a photo of my newest Santa. This is from the Father Christmas series at Hallmark. He does look very similar to the last couple of years, but for some reason, these just make me happy, so I bought it.

This page is on a printed transparency. The green background was just placed there to hide the white of my scanner bed. The reverse side has yesterday's other little events:

--DD had her very good friend M come over for a playdate. They've known each other since they were about 6 and 8 weeks old in daycare--they were in the infant room together and stayed together until we took DD out of daycare when she was about 3 1/2.

--Last night, DD and DS#2 went with me to get their ornaments for this year. I try to get each of the kids a Hallmark ornament each year. DD picked a musical Hannah Montana ornament. We got DS#3 a car ornament with "real moving wheels" that is modeled after the car on Speed Racer. It's going to be tough keeping him from playing with it, but that just shows that it's the perfect ornament for him for this year. DS#2 couldn't decide between two ornaments. One is a cool snowman rocking to his IPod (plays a rock version of "Deck the Halls"), and the other has two funny characters saying some "funny" lines. I figured that the two of them really reflect parts of DS#2's personality right now, so I went ahead and let him get both.

2 comments:

Helmka Family said...

Oooo...beautiful layout and Santa! Love the look of the transparency.
Sounds like some fun new ornaments.
TFS!
Karen

Catherine said...

What a beautiful page! And is DS's the 2 Muppet old men? We got that one....couldn't resist it.