Thursday, December 25, 2008

December Daily: Day Twenty-Four

Merry Christmas!!! Because of the weird way I've been posting a day later on my blog this month, my Christmas Day page will be posted tomorrow. I still have some great photos for Christmas Eve, however.

A good friend told me about this site Capture the Magic where I could get a photo of Santa visiting my very own living room. DH and I thought it looked like a pretty good photo. Well, I showed the kids this morning. DD was unimpressed, but then she believes in Santa no matter what. Besides, I showed her right as she was seeing her presents from Santa for the first time, so her priorities were elsewhere. DS#2 was going to be skeptical no matter what, since he no longer "believes". He thought for sure it was one of the adults dressed in a Santa suit. Oh well! I love the photo anyway!

Yesterday, DS#3 got his very first haircut at a salon. We've tried to take him before, but he wouldn't even sit in DH's lap on the styling chair. My mom and I have been able to trim his hair from time to time, but he really needed a good trim this time. We took him to a local place called Sharkey's Cuts for Kids. He got to ride in a Hummer H2 and watch Sesame Street while he got his hair cut. He only fussed when she first used the trimmer and when she put the cape on, but I removed the cape and let him get hairy and he did great! At the end, she spiked his hair up and he looked like one cool dude!

We also went to the 5PM mass with the Children's Choir. We got there pretty early and beat the rush so we were able to all sit together. DS#3 did well through most of it, until he decided that he had had enough and wanted to go outside. We had frozen pizza at home, and then we awaited my SIL's arrival. The kids were all excited about seeing her again. DS#3 didn't quite make it until her arrival, but he did show her how cute he is today.

I hope everyone is having a fantastic day today! Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Catherine said...

He looks so adorable with his new haircut!

Pam Sivage said...

He's a big boy now with that cute haircut!

Helmka Family said...

Love the photo of him with spiked hair. He is so adorable!
Really like the Santa photo...will have to try that next year, I think Kaden will love it.
TFS!
Karen