Sunday, December 28, 2008

December Daily: Day Twenty-Seven

I don't like how I did this page with the date and smaller photo sticking out, but I'm not redoing it, so here it is. :) I thought the "Jolly" title was appropriate since DS#3 is very happy in these photos.

Both photos were taken at a local mall. In the big photo, DS#3 is looking at himself in one of those small mirrors they have in the shoe department where you can look at your shoes. Some people stopped by and made comments like "How cute" and "I love that age." I was swelling with mommy pride, of course. He IS very cute after all. :)

The smaller photo is of DS#3 playing near one of the fountains. He would point to it and say "Wa-wa" for "water". He also giggled whenever the strong winds would blow some of the water in his face. This is what I was doing while my MIL, SIL, and DD were shopping. DS#3 was also walking up and down several sets of stairs. At first I followed him, but I had to take the stroller up and down the stairs too, so I stopped and just started watching him from afar. At one point, some ladies saw him and made comments about how cute he was (he did actually say "hi" and waved at them). They looked around for who he belonged to, probably because he looks like a little boy that would be mischievous to run away from his mother (as my MIL suggested). When they saw me they said, "Oh, there she is!" and went along on their way.

Other events from yesterday:
--We ate lunch at the Food Court. DD bought her own drink at Chick-Fil-A. She wanted to do it, and I couldn't do it right then since I had to stay with DS#3 who was actively eating at the time. I watched her while she was in line and I was proud of her for taking the iniative and getting it herself (with money from me, of course).
--DS#3 made up for not eating the night before by eating a LOT of lo mein plus some of his sister's popcorn chicken.
--We went out to DH's favorite restaurant last night. His parents specifically requested it because they love the food there, too. We had to eat outside, however, because it was packed, even though we got there around 6PM after church. Luckily, they had tarps blocking most of the wind and heaters to keep us warm otherwise we seriously would have had to go elsewhere.

Tomorrow, I've got to go back to work--boohoo!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

DS looks very cute admiring himself in the mirror!

Helmka Family said...

CUTE photos! I think the page looks great! wtg keeping up.
Karen